When does Travel Cancellation apply
When does Travel Cancellation Insurance apply?
- Travel cancellation insurance is valid for private travel only.
- It covers any booked package arrangement (including commercial means of transport and accommodation) up to € 2,500.– or an individually booked ticket to the destination by commercial means of transport (plane, bus, train, ship) up to € 1,250.– for the Classic Card. Journeys made by private car where only the accommodation is booked are not covered. Please note: This coverage continues in subsequent years, as long as the cardholder has collected at least 200 credits (each credit represents a transaction value of € 15.–) with the Classic Card in the previous year.
- Travel cancellation insurance for the Gold Card covers any booked package arrangement up to € 2,500.– or an individually booked service (ticket for transport by plane, bus, train or ship as well as accommodation) up to € 1,250.–.
- Travel cancellation insurance for the Platinum Card covers any booked package arrangement up to € 5,000.– or an individually booked service (ticket for transport by plane, bus, train or ship as well as accommodation) up to € 2,500.–.
Conditions for making a claim:
- Ownership of a valid Visa Card or Mastercard with Insurance from card complete at least 30 days before beginning travel.
- Regular use of the Visa Card from card complete, i.e., at least one purchase transaction within the two months preceding the travel cancellation.
- Valid for travel beginning before the end of the year in which insurance coverage applies.
- For cards issued after travel was booked, coverage begins 10 days after the card was issued.
- deductible/excess of 20 % of the claim amount
- 1 claim permitted per year
Who is insured?
The cardholder and a spouse/partner living in the same household (same registered address for at least 3 months) as well as children under 18 years of age.